[No Use Delaying Gender Equity]
What is a NUDGE Party and what is its purpose?
An informal, bipartisan gathering of women and men of any number and any age whose purpose is to raise awareness of the importance of politics in their lives; to encourage them to support female candidates, work in a woman’s campaign, or run for office themselves.
Where is it held?
NUDGE parties are held in people’s homes, offices, churches, schools, hotels, or any place the hosts deem to be a welcoming and appropriate venue.
Who are the hosts?
Individuals, clubs, professional groups, business colleagues or anyone else who thinks electing more women to public office is a worthy goal.
How to organize a NUDGE Party:
- Find bipartisan hosts — equal numbers of Democrats and Republicans, so far as possible.
- Draw up a list of people to invite (email and telephone #s will save time later)
- Set the date, time, and place
- Recruit an organization or individuals to provide snacks and beverages.
- Send invitations by email and/or regular mail.
- Follow up with phone calls.
- Plan the program* (a 50-50 in 2020 board member will speak).
- Hold the event. Have everyone sign in on a sign up sheet. Also provide name tags.
- Send thank you emails and/or cards.
- Stay in touch with future candidates.
Welcome by one or more of the hosts
Recognize elected officials.
Introductions: Each person introduces himself/herself and shares role in the community and if interested in running for office.
A 50-50 in 2020 board member will explain the 10-year campaign to elect women.
Question and answer time
Encourage women to run for office!