Political equity is a matter of fair representation and a more accurate reflection of the society as a whole. Women need to be asked, coached, mentored, and supported throughout the political process. Nothing short of an extended, all-out campaign will bring political equity to Iowa.
We are beginning a ten-year initiative. It will require a coordinated effort by like-minded women’s organizations, the support and cooperation of both political parties, participation by women legislators and legislative leadership. You can get in at the very start by volunteering now!
Ways to Get Involved
• Run for office yourself
• Recruit a woman to run
• Work on a woman’s campaign
• Make a tax-deductible contribution to 50-50 in 2020
Organization Donor Level
• President: $5,000 and above
• Governor: $2,500 to $5,000
• US Senate: From $1,000 to $2,500
• US House: $500 to $1,000
• State Legislator: $250 to $500
Individual Donor Levels
• Lousie Noun-Mary Louise Smith: $1000 and above
• Annie Wittenmyer-Evalyn Davis: $500 to $1,000
• Mary Lundby-Minnette Doderer: $250 to $500
• Carrie Chapman Catt-Ola Babcock Miller: $100 to $250
• Amelia Bloomer-Annie Savery: $50 to $100
Make a tax-deductible contribution to 50-50 in 2020. The 50-50 in 2020 donation fund is administered by the Iowa Women’s Foundation.