50-50 in 2020 is a bipartisan initiative to achieve political equity in Iowa.
The year 2020 will mark the 100th anniversary of woman suffrage.
By that time, our goal is to have:
• Twenty-five women in the Iowa Senate
• Fifty women in the Iowa House of Representatives
• One woman Governor
• One woman in the United States Senate
• Two women in the United States House of Representatives
“The mission of 50-50 in 2020 is to achieve political equity for Iowa women by recruiting, training, and mentoring women in sufficient numbers that by the 100th anniversary of Women Suffrage (the year 2020) Iowans will have elected females to fill 50% of the Iowa Legislature, the Iowa delegation to the U.S. Congress, and the office of Governor.”
• We believe in civility and respect among political opponents.
• We are committed to creating a bipartisan, issue-neutral movement for the purpose of electing Iowa women to public office.
• We are not a PAC and the organization does not endorse candidates.
• Individual members are free to endorse, support and contribute to candidates of their choice.
• We welcome as partners other organizations whose missions and goals are compatible with ours.
• We encourage participation of women of all ages, ethnic backgrounds and economic sectors of the society.